A trademark is a type of intellectual property and typically a name, word, phrase, logo, symbol, design, image, or a combination of these elements, device, brand, label, name, signature, letter, numerical, shape of goods, packaging, combination of colours, or any combination thereof which is capable of distinguishing goods and services of one person from those of others. The law considers a trademark to be a form of property. Proprietary rights in relation to a trademark may be established through actual use in the marketplace, or through registration of the mark with the trademarks office (or "trademarks registry") of a particular jurisdiction
The owner of a registered trademark may commence legal proceedings for trademark infringement to prevent unauthorized use of that trademark.
To avoid conflicts with earlier trademark rights, it is highly recommended to conduct trademark searches before the trademarks office (or "trademarks registry") of a particular jurisdiction.
Our International Trademark team manages thousands of domestic and foreign trademarks and focuses on to provide comprehensive services such as:
- Search and registration worldwide
- Trademark opposition,
- Trademark Recordal of licensing, Assignment, Merger, Change of Name or Address.
- Renewals for trademarks
- Trademark Watch - market survey report for counterfeits/infringements and market information.
- Infringement and dilution evaluations, trademark infringement litigation,
- Due Diligence, all types of marks, including trade dress product and package design and graphics,
- Purchase and sale of trademarks,
- Trademark portfolio management and IP Audit